0845 0555 666 We're available Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 18:30

Put your mind at rest. Call now on 0845 0555 666

Home Insurance

Your house is probably the single biggest expense you will make in your life. Factor in all the contents - heirlooms, jewellery, laptops, musical instruments, and the sum of a home is, in many ways, irreplaceable. That’s why it’s important to protect it. As no two homes are the same, no two home insurance policies are the same. At Top Quote, we talk you through the different options provided by a panel of some of the largest insurers in the industry, making sure the home insurance policy you walk away with is exactly the right policy for you.

What options are available?

  • Icon

    Buildings insurance only

  • Icon

    Contents insurance only

  • Icon

    Buildings and contents combined

  • Icon

    Optional accidental damage to buildings cover

  • Icon

    Optional accidental damage to contents cover

  • Icon

    Optional personal possessions cover, with contents cover

What are the benefits of Buildings & Contents Insurance?

Customers with the right cover don’t have to pay for structural repairs or a rebuild if the property is damaged or made uninhabitable by an insured event such as a fire, storm, flood, subsidence or burglary. Moreover, the cost of replacing all of the contents within your home would also be covered.

Alternative accommodation

Accommodation for family and pets should the house become uninhabitable after an insured event.

Garden cover

Contents covered up to £500 in the open, within the grounds of the home, up to £2,000 for loss or damage to plants, shrubs and trees in the garden and up to £3,000 for theft of contents from outbuildings.

Replacement of lost or stolen keys

The replacement of any lost or stolen keys and locks changed if required to keep the home safe and secure.

Electronic downloads

Up to


Trace and access

Up to


Optional extras

Personal possessions

Insures against accidental loss or damage to items normally worn or carried away from the home, including mobile phones, clothes, bags and sports equipment, jewellery and watches, pedal cycles and keys and spectacles.*
*Limits apply

Home emergency

Round-the-clock assistance to arrange for an approved tradesman to visit the home and carry out up to £500 (including VAT) of repairs. This is in the event of a home emergency such as property damage, a problem with the central heating or an issue with the water supply leaving a home unsafe or uninhabitable.

Legal expenses

Up to £50,000 of assistance for customers and their family in the event of a range of legal disputes, including employment disputes, bodily injury and clinical negligence.

Landlord cover

The Defaqto 4-star rated policy is an ideal option for landlords. We offer £400,000 buildings cover, £2 million property owner’s liability, alternative accommodation and even cover lost rent if the property is uninhabitable. We also offer cover for malicious damage by tenants and contents cover as optional extras.

Freezer cover

Replacing food in the freezer that has been spoilt by an accidental change in temperature in your freezer.

24 Hour Helpline

24-hour helpline to assist with emergencies such as boiler breakdowns, broken windows and leaking pipes. If necessary, we’ll also send out a qualified professional to complete any work.

What are the policy limits?

These can be tailored, but typically you can expect the following from the product provider:

Buildings insured up to £400,000 as standard
Contents insured up to £50,000 as standard
Single unspecified item limit up to £5,000
Personal liability cover of up to £2 million

What about no claims discounts?

Paymentshield offer a 2 year no claims discount for first time buyers and up to 5 years if transferring your entitlement from another provider

What about no claims discounts?

Are personal possessions covered?

Optional cover can be taken out with a contents insurance policy to cover a range of items from jewellery, clothes, musical instruments and bicycles to cameras, laptops, mobile phones and MP3 players. Please refer to the policy terms and conditions for the specific cover limits.

Are personal possessions covered?

What's covered?

The building and/or contents are covered if damaged by:

(subject to the standard policy conditions and sum insured limits)

  • Icon

    Fire, smoke or explosion

  • Icon

    Riots, civil commotion, labour & political disturbances or strikes

  • Icon

    Malicious damage or vandalism

  • Icon

    Impact or collision

  • Icon

    Storm or flood

  • Icon

    Subsidence or heave

  • Icon

    Escape of water or oil

  • Icon

    Theft or attempted theft

  • Icon

    Lightning or earthquake

Buildings insurance will also meet the cost of returning the property to its normal condition.

Contents insurance will meet the cost of either repairing or replacing contents in the insured property. Where possible, damaged household goods and/or personal effects will be replaced as new if it’s not possible for them to be repaired.

Put your mind at rest. Call now on 0845 0555 666

Talk to us

We have a friendly team of staff on hand to help with whatever enquiry you have.
Simply fill out the form below, or call us now 0845 0555 666.

Enter your details below
Book your appointment